Sunday, January 27, 2008

game notes 1-27

So, through the almost 8 inches of snow, McMan and I ventured to the ams game.
The other members of the MLM, for safety reasons, went home early after staying the night at a billet house. All got home safely.
Ma also stayed home. Not feeling too hot. I sat in her seat.

  • First of all, the game was BORING. I couldn't pay attention.
  • Secondly, Shawn Vey is going to drive me to drink. heavily. Birch could've had the third goal had Shawn not been skating in his sleep.
  • Tyler Schmidt needs to calm the eff down. Every time we're about to get a PP, Tyler has to be the tough guy and gets penalized, taking that PP away. There was once tonight where I'm sure Kirk (don't EVEN get me started on this guy......) warned him about it.
  • Birchy needs to play more if he's going to reach his potential as a goalie. Right now, he's ascribing to the Hasek School of Goal Keeping - aka, flopping like a fish. There were many times where (forget Chetters) there were some twinkies in MY pants at the close calls in net.
  • That said, the D was... well, missing. Toll had some good plays, Mestery was giving his all every shift he was out and Werbs .. umm... well, he was trying. TJ took a bunch of BS penalties (the one for elbowing was phantom, but still... ) and I didn't notice him at all on the ice besides his parade to the box.
  • Radek's goal was killer. Great for him against his former team and second in 2 nights.
  • Seattle's 2nd goal was PRETTY, not gonna lie. Knocked Birch's water bottle 1.5 feet in the air before returning to the same spot he'd placed it.
  • Well, that's about all i have to say about tonight's game. They cancelled the skate - probably would've been 10 of us and the ams out there. Not a bad thing, but I'm glad I started home when I did.

It's been a LONG time since I've said this, but I'm glad this weekend is over.... Hopefully this week will be happy times.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hammer said...

yeah, that's about what it sounded like. kinda glad i wasn't there.