Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Godspeed, Little Man


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Three-year-old succumbed to cancer two hours after his favourite team won



Mike said they'd get the cup for you. Put in a good word with the Big Guy for them, ok? Who am I kidding, you so already have.
Have fun in Heaven, Little Man.

Why am I having such a hard time with this? Children die every day, which is devistating, I'm not trying to say it's not... I deal with death on a daily basis. It's my business... and before that, when I was helping bring life into the world, I still had to deal with it. It's a part of life. I'm not afraid of it, I know the little guy is in Heaven now and not in pain anymore.

The sadness of the death of a child is someting that touches quite close to home. People would think my parents were nutty if I said that I was one of 14 children. Explaining that I'm one of 10 biological children with one adopted brother, one step-brother and one half-sister is still a lot of kids... until I explain that I'm the only one of the 10 biological children to survive.

Maybe it's that I'm sad he'll never get to grow up. But he did make an impact on Ottawa and the hockey world. I wonder a lot what my siblings would've been like, how our lives would've been different, if I'd even be here - after all my twin and I were numbers 4&5, I believe. Or if the world would've been able to handle two of me.

At least I have comfort in the knowledge that everything happens for a reason.

No comments: